Three Rivers AHEC is providing its RN Re-entry program to nurses in the Magnolia Coastlands AHEC region.
RN Re-entry program has been approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing to provide the individualized combination of 40 hours of study relevant to nursing and 160 hours of supervised nursing practice required by the Board for reinstatement of licensure as a registered professional nurse. This program has been designed for those nurses who are presently ineligible for reinstatement of their license because the license has lapsed or has been inactive. Nurses who have active licenses returning to direct patient care who have not worked in the clinical area for some time may also benefit from this program.
A REGISTERED NURSE:
• Who has an active GA nursing license but has not practiced for a few
years and wants to refresh your knowledge base & nursing skills to re-enter the nursing profession
• Who wants to reinstate your GA nursing license by completing a required Board approved re-entry/ refresher program.
• Who has an active nursing license in another state and would like to obtain a Georgia nursing license by endorsement.
The 40 hours of study relevant to nursing must be successfully completed before beginning the 160 hours of supervised nursing practice. Upon completion of the 160 hours of supervised nursing practice, verification of this will be sent to the board to support the reinstatement of RN licensure. Before the nursing practice begins, the applicant must provide the following information to the RN Re-entry Coordinator:
• A physical examination within the past six months indicating a good state of health.
• A negative PPD skin test or chest x-ray, as appropriate, within the past year.
• A tetanus/diphtheria booster within the past year.
• Complete the hepatitis B immunization series.
• Documentation of immunizations for MMR (or rubellatiter), DPT, and varicella virus.
• Current American Heart Association CPR
• Active malpractice liability insurance ($1,000,000 each incident, $3,000,000 aggregate)
• Active accidental health insurance (medical coverage)
• May be other requirements based on the institution’s policies and procedures.
Your Support Matters
A donation to Magnolia Coastlands AHEC helps our students and our community.